02 June 2021

WOYWW 626 - all sorts of crafty goings-on

Morning from a very wet Pembrokeshire (the promised rain is here, which is good for the garden and the farm, but not so good for hubby who is out collecting a car from Hertfordshire - a 5 hour drive each way).  I have loved this warm/sunny weather over the weekend, but sort-of glad that now I can get on with stuff in my craft room and around the house.

My first IRL papercraft workshop for over a year went really well.  We had our own areas to work in, well spaced out.  It is actually in the craft shop, so surrounded by temptation!  The workshops are held when the shop is closed, so noone wandering around looking over our shoulders as they used to.  I spent the whole of the workshop with the guinea pig stamp set catching my eye.  I had to buy it!!  You can also see on my crafty table two cards I cut out with my Silhouette Cameo, and also a couple of stencils (I used the plastic file divider-thingies, which is thin plastic but works ok).  


We made these 2 cards, which I am going to use on scrapbook/journal pages.


We have had lots of lovely trips out - for walks/meals/icecreams/meeting friends/cycling.  Yesterday we went to Barry to take stepdaughter/2 of our grandchildren for an afternoon out at the National Trust Dyffryn Gardens.  Beautiful place and the kids loved the space/plants/natural play area  (lots of picking up of leaves/pine cones etc).  Definitely recommend going there if you are in that area.


Time to go and sort out some laundry/get the hoover out.

Hope everyone is well and happy.

Ali x

12 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

How lovely that you enjoyed your workshop so much and of course you had to buy the guinea pig stuff, it’s fun. I bet you’ll use that loads and loads. I have never been to Dyffryn Gardens so will put that on my to-do list!
Hugs LLJ 3 xxx

Kelly said...

Good morning, Ali! Lovely photos. Congrats on having a real class again. And to have the shop all to yourselves would be oh so tempting. You practiced real restraint. LOL Creative Blessings! Kelly #26

Susan Renshaw said...

Excellent that you could join a workshop.
Lovely to be able to visit the national trust place!
Happy WOYWW!
Susan #17

Diana Taylor said...

Great to have a real life class after all this time - I would not have been able to resist the Guinea pig set either - it's so cute. Love the cards you made.
Have a good week,
Diana xx #18

Sarah Brennan said...

Glad you enjoyed your IRL workshop so much Ali. I can see why you were tempted by those stamps. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #14 (I had a lie in for the holidays).

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Ali, I have to be honest I've been out Lol! We have a friend who is going into hospital soon and our little group of retired teachers just wanted to wish her all the best so we sat and had coffee but I'm back now. Pleased your workshop think I would have been tempted by the stamps too. Wishing you a very happy woyww and a lovely week too. Angela x13x

Helen said...

As I am writing this, the sky here is that "I am very possibly going to rain on you soon" feel to it... it's been hot and glorious here (shame I was inside at the office all day!) Your class sounds great fun and it would have been rude not to shop too! have a great week. Helen #1

Empire of the Cat said...

How fab to be in a RL workshop again! Love that guinea pig stamp, so cute, and I love the National Trust property too, they have so many lovely places to visit. Happy Woyww! Elle #27, EOTC

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Must be so nice to get to a IRL workshop, I like the idea of no one looking over my shoulder whilst crafting, your made cards are fab. The guinea pig stamps are really cute i'm sure you will put them to good use. Happy WoywW Tracey #5

Julia Dunnit said...

Bit late, sorry. We didn’t have much rain at all, and not till late afternoon, so I was surprised by the beginning of your post! Hope hubby’s journalese weren’t too bad. How marvellous to have been at a real workshop, I love the cards that you made, i would definitely be repeating those. Oh I do love a good workshop!

Shoshi said...

I'm so glad you've been able to get out and about and enjoy a real live workshop as well as an outing with family, Ali.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi x #11

Spyder said...

I'm the latest! I love that unicorn in your card, its really lovely!Happy Very Late last weeks woyww ((Lyn)) #19

Post a Comment

I treasure all of your comments, except the spam!

 

Ali Wade Designs Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon