09 June 2021

WOYWW 627 - Dachshund Pyrography ATC

Good morning from a drizzly and grey Pembrokeshire.  This was forecast, so I am not surprised or annoyed that the sunshine has gone.  My health took a turn for the worse yesterday (no clear reason why, as is often the case) and I am resting in preparation for going away this weekend, so I am going to be doing as little as possible today.  Our 16th wedding anniversary is next week, so I looked around for somewhere to go.  Castle Combe Race Circuit has its Big Race Day on Saturday, so I booked tickets for that (both me and hubby love motorsport).  Managed to get a room in one of the posh country house hotels nearby for Friday night, and then we move onto a pub near Swindon for the Saturday night (and if I have any energy left, we will go to the Designer Outlets for some shopping - we went there 2 years ago and loved it).  Meeting my mum for lunch on Sunday and then home (not seen her since July last year).

I will admit my crafty table is currently clean and empty, so I am showing a photo from a couple of days ago when I was busy getting my first wood ATC finished.  I used my pyrography tool (and inspiration from Pinterest) to 'draw' the dachshunds, and then a Posca paint pen to add the colour.  Quite simple and very satisfying.  Ordered some more ATC wood blanks - plain and fancy - to do more projects this year.


A couple of photos to show the 2 new additions to our EV (electric vehicle) family.  My BMW i3, which is utterly fantastic - very comfortable to drive.  Now I am starting to go out on trips by myself again (weekly scrapbooking classes start again next week, and fortnightly papercraft classes), I needed a smaller car of my own.  Then hubby found a Renault Twizy for use on the farm (and for local errands - I will be stealing it to go to the farm shop up the road!) and collected it from Hertfordshire last week.  It is tiny and very cute (and, yes, there are no doors!).























The sunshine will be back for the weekend and next week we will have the keys for the investment property we are buying in the local town (only taken 6 months to complete the purchase!), so all is good in this corner of West Wales.

Ali x

12 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Those dachshunds are genius! I hope Lisa Jane sees these are she’s a Sausage dog Uber fan! How fab that you’ve got that Twizy, it makes me laugh, I just know I’d lose important things out the door. You’re going to be a proper sight whizzing round the lanes in Pembs! Hope you have a fab trip away, the weather is looking amazing, Happy Anniversary!
Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

Mary Anne said...

Oh crikey that ATC is cute as can be. Proper impressed it is wood. Fab. Also loving the cars- but seems like a doorless car in the often rainy UK might be asking for trouble. You will need a massive baby buggy cover to keep you snug inside LOL!

Back from my first real HAIRCUT in 18 months - truly a HAPPY WOYWW!
Mary Anne (1)

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

What a great substrate to work on, used for so many things. Those wee sausage doggies are so cute. Wishing you a very Happy 16th Wedding Anniversary next week, have a fabulous time. Happy WoywW Tracey #13

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry to read you have not been well, but so glad you will be going away for your anniversary. It sounds like a very enjoyable trip for the two of you. Your dachshunds are adorable and what a really great and unique substrate.

What a cute car and good for the environment, too. Happy WOYWW from # 3.

Helen said...

hope you recover quickly and have a great weekend - it sounds as if you have lots planned so resting up today makes lots of sense. Love your atc. Happy anniversary for next week too. Helen #2

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Interesting little motor, I rather like it for town driving. Loving your doggie ATC too. Have a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x17x

Sarah Brennan said...

That ATC is fantastic Ali - such a cool idea to use pyrography. Love the latest cute addition to the e-vehicle collection. Hope you are fully fit and can enjoy your anniversary celebrations. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Lisa-Jane said...

LOL! Just seen Jan's comment so I'll have to let her know that I did spot the sausages! Brilliant! Love that Twizy - I've never seen one before but like Jan said, I would definitely lose things out of the open doors. We finally had a viewing on our property but they were looking over a wide area so went somewhere cheaper. I wish we had the local knowledge to get someone to put a bathroom in downstairs as it would be a good disabled property. Although I'm so sad that I won't be able to go anymore too! Bye for now, Lisa-Jane #8

roffeycreations said...

Hiya Ali - just a quick pop by to say Hi - I am - like every one seems to be "flat out like a lizard drinkin" to use an Aussie expression LOL! Nice cars! Have a great week - Stay safe & well - Cheers Maurs xxx #35

Lillianb said...

Sorry to hear you have not been to well and hope you have a great time away, I love Castle Coombe and went there lots when i lived near Bristol. They used to have a notice as you got there asking you to slow down for the ducks,
Take care and stay safe, Lilian B #10

Shoshi said...

Happy anniversary, Ali. I hope you had a lovely day out on Saturday and that your health has improved. The cars are amazing, especially the little one! I've never seen one of those before.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi x #9

Spyder said...

I will definitely have to try a wooden ATC and those little sausage dogs are lovely! Love the litte car too! Lovely in the summer, bit nippy in the winter! Keep Crafting! Stay Safe. Happy Very late last weeks woyww!? ((Lyn)) #26

Post a Comment

I treasure all of your comments, except the spam!

 

Ali Wade Designs Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon