23 June 2021

WOYWW 629 - 'I did a thing!' - Scrapbooking has started

Happy Wednesday to all the crafters around the world who share a photo(s) of their crafty workspaces.  Click HERE if you would like to join in.

My quote in the title is in reference to my new favourite tv programme - Clarkson's Farm (on Amazon Prime).  Very funny, emotional and even I am learning things about farming.  I spent a lot of my childhood living on a farm just down the road (outside Chipping Norton) and remember riding in the fields.  A beautiful area of Oxfordshire.

I didn't blog last week.  I can't remember exactly why not now (goes to look at Google Calendar).  Ah yes.  It was our 16th Wedding Anniversary and we had a generally busy day with all sorts of stuff, so I was prevented from sitting down to type a blog post.

Our trip to Wiltshire/Oxfordshire/meeting up with Mum was fabulous.  The weather was hot and sunny, we loved our day at Castle Combe race circuit, and the Sunday lunch/woodland walk with Mum was a success.

We have collected the keys to the house we have bought in Haverfordwest, and have had meetings so far with builder, electrician and decorator.  Wallpaper stripping starts tomorrow and we are hopefully meeting with our heating/plumbing guy to get boiler checked and some gas safety work done.  The deadline for getting it all done is by the 3rd week of August, so our grandchildren can start at the local school in September.    Lots of decisions to be made, but it is a lot smaller project than the farmhouse (which took 6 months), so I keep telling myself that we can survive!

My crafty table today shows one of the scrap layouts I did with the GoGoGetaway Crop last weekend (this is their Facebook Live event).  Yes, two photos from Castle Combe and they are already scrapped!  My haul of wood ATCs is piled up there, and just some of the Serif CraftArtist digikits I bought last week.  I had over 250 in all from one lady, and now I am installing them.  (I do have a few that are not my taste, so if anyone is interested in a list, just get in touch - aliwadedesigns1971@gmail.com).  There is also a photo of the crochet rainbow hanging in our porch, which was meant to be scrapped with the 4th and final challenge of that weekend, but I ran out of time.  I am going to get that done this week.













I have already paid my deposits for two of the actual GoGoGetaway hotel weekends next year.  They sell out really quickly (I missed the 2021 dates), so now I can just look forward to weekends in a nice hotel and doing lots of layouts with new friends.

I was meant to be going to a craft workshop this afternoon, but suffering after my 2nd Covid jab yesterday (very sore arm and some mild flu symptoms), so have postponed that to another day.  On Friday morning I am going to my first scrapbooking group meeting, so all go with my crafty calendar.

Hope everyone is well.

Ali x

ps  I have come back to add a thank you to both Diane and Susan for their lovely ATCs and postcards - all received safely and now displayed in my 'display area'.

18 comments:

Crafting With Jack said...

Hi Ali, I have never used Photoshop, I use Photoshop Elements, which is the cut down version. What do you think of Affinity? I think I have a copy of craft artist which came in a magazine, but I have been so content with Photoshop Elements that I have not tried it. Have fun with all your craftiness. Angela #9

Neet said...

Glad your Oxford/Wiltshire weekend was a success. Sounds as if you had two lovely days with your mum - and the weather was kind to you too.
Wow, you are on the balal with your. workshops booked in the future, but as you say these things sell out pretty fast when they are good.
Enjoy the planning.
Hugs, Neet 10 xx

Helen said...

thanks for your visit - well done on getting the keys - these things do take a long time sometimes! hope all your plans to make it "yours" go well! Happy WOYWW Helen #1

Lunch Lady Jan said...

You’ve had a busy week getting back into the real world after Covid, well done! I’m so pleased that your weekend in Wiltshire went so well and that your mum’s ok. I’m impressed with your super speedy scrapping skills too, better than leaving the pics for years and years to gather dust!
HUgs LLJ 7 xxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I went back to see where you mentioned Photoshop, but I guess that was a private conversation. I use the full blown version myself, but know very little about it. I had to buy it when a client used it and insisted I have it at the ready, too. Thankfully, I got to write it off my taxes as a business expense.

Sorry to read you had a bad experience with your Covid shot. However, congratulations a bit late on your anniversary. You certainly got a lot accomplished over the weekend at your GoGoGetaway via Facebook. You got a lot more done than I would have, I fear. So glad you have tickets for the real deal next year. Happy WOYWW from # 5.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Pleased to hear you time away went well, bet your mum loved seeing you. I remember the work on the farmhouse, are you moving to this new house? Sorry to hear you missed your craft workshop, it's so nice to craft along with others. Hope you are having a very happy and creative woyww. Sending hugs, Angela x17x

Mary Anne said...

Hubby has hinted he might want to watch Clarkson's Farm but I'm not there yet :D I always loved GoGo - the girls know how to put on an event - best to jump on photos when you can before memories fade. I have too many years old photos I have yet to deal with. And I forgot the crochet rainbow! My daughter convinced me to make one for NHS support at the beginning of the pandemic and I think it still hang in her window LOL!

Catching up - Happy WOYWW on Thursday!
Mary Anne (3)

Sarah Brennan said...

Good luck with all the work on the new house Ali. Enjoy your classes - online and in person! Hope you are now recovered from your 2nd jab. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Annie said...

Thanks for visiting me earlier. I have a little break while waiting for my next customer so I’m making the best of it.
What an exciting time you have ahead of you....hope it all goes to plan. Sorry to hear you’re suffering post vaccine and hope you feel much better very soon.
Hugs
Annie x #13

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Thanks for the visit. Had lots to do outdoors with our beautiful weather. Now storms in the forecast Sounds like you are one busy lady. I don't envy you on the move/house remodel. 8 wks on getting a bathroom finished was more than enough disruption for me. Then I had a water leak under the new cabinet. Water in a plastic shoe box full of electric hair items saved me. Always glad to hear about Mom time. It's important these days. Enjoy a good week

Susan Renshaw said...

So pleased that my ATC arrived!
It sounds as though you definitely will have your hands full in the next few weeks!
Happy WOYWW!
Susan #20

Caro said...

Good luck with the house renovation/decorating. We are in the midst of ours and still in utter chaos! Happy Belated WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#23)

Shoshi said...

It sounds as if you have been super-busy lately Ali. I am glad you were able to get together with your mum, and getting the new house is exciting too! Lots of work involved, though. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary.

Thank you for all your comments, and especially for your very kind words on my cancer news and for your prayers which are so appreciated. I'm going to update the cancer diary tonight with the latest news if I can - still trying to get the laptop up and running again after it failed at the weekend!

Poor Cindy has had some family issues this week so hasn't managed to send me the ToDo yet but I'm not worried about that - so much else to do at the moment anyway! I can't see myself doing anything foil-related until after my operation and during my recovery so there will be a bit of a wait. Keep an eye out on my blog and eventually smething shiny will emerge, I am sure! It sounds as if you are a past master at foiling!

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi x #12

Julia Dunnit said...

You’ve been busy! aware you doing wallpaper stripping etc or is that all in the hands of the builder types? I think as long as it’s project managed fairly insistently, your ideal finish date is realistic! Sounds as if you’re going to have family living in it, that’s nice. I know Chippy too, my Uncle lived there for a good few years, lovely part of the world. Glad you had a great visit to your mum too, a change of scenery and pace is just the ticket at the moment.

Spyder said...

I had photo shop once....I wonder where it went? I ended up using a freebie, very simple, bit like me! It did what I wanted..so...
You've been really busy. Today, I repotted the tomatoes again...nothing worth scrapping about!Stay safe!! Carry on Crafting! Happy WOYWW!? ((Lyn)) #15

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Hi Ali, thanks for your visit! We used to go to Castle Combe when we lived nearer. Sounds lik eyou had a lovely time with your mum. I didn't know you were old enough to have school aged grandchildren - or did I misread that? It's always exciting moving to a new house - although very stressful as well. Good that you have your crafty get-away to look forward to next year! Happy belated WOYWW! Enjoy your weekend! xx zsuzsa #21 ps. too bad that you sold your wax seal kit! But I guess if you never used it there was not much point keeping it - I'm loving mine and plant to use it lots!

Felicia said...

Ali, thank you so much for stopping in at my desk!! I laughed when I read your comment because I have MANY projects waiting to be finished!!! LOLOL Not felting, obviously, but plenty of other things! LOL You sure do have a LOT on your plate! I think I would love remodeling a new home!! I'm sure it will be so much work, but satisfying in the end knowing you are getting what YOU want! Congrats on your new place and blessings that everything goes as scheduled for fall school start ups, etc... So sorry to hear about your bad effects from the second jab! I hope all is sorted out soon! I was so very fortunate to not have bad effects from either shot, save a sore arm! I have heard so many horror stories! Thanks again for coming by and have a wonderful weekend! Felicia #22

Kyla said...

ooh lovely anniversary weekend. I love Castle combe, my mate is a steward there (we grew up only about 5 miles away and used to cycle to Lacock and castle combe as kids and swim in river etc.
kyla

Post a Comment

I treasure all of your comments, except the spam!

 

Ali Wade Designs Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon