26 May 2021

WOYWW 625 - Air Dry Clay

Good morning and Happy WOYWW to all those that I don't manage to visit this week.  It is sunny in Pembrokeshire today and I am looking forward to driving into town this afternoon.  I have my first IRL papercraft workshop since the beginning of 2020 (and dropping off the signed contract etc for the purchase of our investment property - offer accepted at the beginning of December; we had started to look at other properties it was taking so long to get sorted!).  We have to take most of our supplies, to save having to share and then keep wiping stuff down, so will be packing up my rucksack (the shop is on a pedestrian street, so a bit of a walk from the carpark) this morning.  A bit of a long list, but mostly small stuff like inkpads etc.

The workshop I went to on Friday evening was excellent.  Very well organised and safe.  We had our own table, well spaced out and only had a few tools to share - and then we put gloves on to handle them.  It was using air dry clay - my first time with this.  We made a wall hanging from the already-dry hearts that the tutor brought with her, and then rolled out/cut clay to make more shapes for other projects.  These are still drying, and then I will make another wall hanging plus got some extras for cards/ATCs/scrapbooking or whatever.  My first photo shows a ball of clay that I brought home to make into a dish.  It stays soft for a long time wrapped in cling film.  Only £4 for a big pack from The Works at the moment.  There is also a nearly-finished beach hut card that I started in a recent Zoom workshop (going to put some shimmer on the sand and a sentiment), and a strip of the ribbon I printed with my Colop EMark for the 12th Anniversary ATCs.  





14 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I love working with air dried clay, so pleased you had a good time at the workshop, almost like getting back to Hope this afternoons is just as good!
Hugs LLJ 10: xxx

Morti said...

I've used air dry clay in the past - it's good fun. I think I've currently got some paper clay somewhere round here too, lord knows where! I look forward to seeing some of your results.

Thank you for the email - your ATC is winging it's way towards you today (having actually made it into the post box this morning!).

Happy WOYWW

Morti x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've never worked with air dried clay, but I sure like the texture you got from those hearts. They are beautiful, as is the bird. Happy WOYWW from # 3.

Julia Dunnit said...

Air dry clay is a crack of a material, I’m glad you had fun with it, certainly got a lot done! Nice to hear that there are real workshops starting up again, I hope you enjoy today’s. Not sharing anything is hard isn’t it, specially when someone has forgotten something, it’s such a natural reaction to offer your own.

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

You know I was wondering about those ribbons when I saw them on LLJ's blog this morning! Must look into that! I remember we did a plaque once with airdrying clay in Wanderlust a few years ago - it was very enjoyable! Good that you can go to in person classes now! Happy #625! xx zsuzsa #26

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

ps. I LOVE the beach hut card - beach huts are like my favourite! I have a canvas print of beach huts on my bedroom wall!

Robyn said...

Ilove clay in all forms! I see you are getting back into digital cutting- message me if you want any assistance

Neet said...

I remember my first venture into air dry clay as a tutor at a workshop. What fun we had. I came across the photos by accident a couple of weeks ago and they made me smile.
Yes, we will go away again - now that the government have got their act together and sorted out the mess. Not sure when but we will go some time.
Hugs, Neet 1

Shoshi said...

So glad you managed to get to a real live workshop, Ali. Your air dry clay project looks very interesting. I made some pebbles out of it once, and they were very effective - also a few moulded embellishments. It's brilliant stuff, and so hassle-free. Light as a feather, too!

Thank you for your visit, and don't worry about not having got round - life gets in the way sometimes, I know, and everybody is very busy. Always nice to see you when I see you, so to speak! Thank you for all your kind words and for your good wishes for a good result of my biopsy. I'm glad you've been enjoying my content - eclectic as it is!

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi x #24

Mary Anne said...

Every time I have bought air dry clay it has ended up going hard and dried out in the packaging. SOMEONE is sneaking around a pricking holes in the bags, I'm sure LOL! Your samples look lovely and delicate. Can't wait to see them done.

Happy WOYWW
Mary Anne (5)

Helen said...

I am so pleased you've got to do some "proper" classes - the clay looks fabulous. Take care and happy crafting. Helen #4

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Looks like someone's been having fun and more to follow. Wishing you a lovely creative woyww, Angela x19x

Sarah Brennan said...

SO glad the workshop went well Ali - looks like you had plenty of goodies to bring home with you at the end. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Lisa-Jane said...

Love all the pieces you made there. My friend makes seed markers from the same stuff. Glad you've got some sun over there, especially as our front door in Newport (Pembs) has swollen in all the rain and is hard to shut! I hope the workshop went okay and I bet it was lovely to see real crafters in the flesh again! What's your nearest town? I need to avoid it if it has a craft shop! Stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #8

Post a Comment

I treasure all of your comments, except the spam!

 

Ali Wade Designs Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon