05 May 2021

WOYWW 622 - purely digital this week

Morning from a sunny and breezy Pembrokeshire.  The storm we had on Monday was not very pleasant.  Very strong winds and some damage in our area (but just weaker branches down on the ground on our farm).  We did need the rain though!

It is Wednesday again, so I am making an effort to get this post typed.  Very little crafting has happened in the past week (or 2 weeks really, as I missed last week), and if I do make something I often forget to take photos.  I have started learning and using Serif CraftArtist 2 Professional again (to give it its full title!), and joined a Zoom workshop group on Saturday afternoons.  It has been a few years since I have had this software working (my old craft room pc died and had to have its hard drive replaced, and I never bothered reinstalling all the software as I wasn't using it right then).  When I saw these workshops I decided to get my spare CD-Roms out of the cupboard and get it installed on my fancy new pc.  I had forgotten how fantastic it is and intend to learn all the more advanced features this year.

Here is my screen this morning.  Nothing exciting to show so far.  We were learning how to take a page of embellishments and divide them up (so they are transparent to use as 'stickers').  Very useful.












The search for a car for me continues.  We went to drive one locally yesterday, but decided not to get that specific one.  Seen a few online, so may well be buying one 'unseen' and getting it delivered.   We spent all of last Tuesday in Swansea trying out a few different new cars (plus a wonderful lunch down by the beach - exciting to have a meal 'out' again).  Decided on the BMW i3, so at least we have narrowed down the search now.

We might be going to visit family in England this weekend.  My stepson, fiancee and their 2 young daughters.  Not seen them for well over a year.  It does depend on the weather though, as would only be able to meet up outside somewhere.  We also have to stay at a hotel in Wales, rather than the usual Premier Inn close to them in Warrington.  If the forecast for Saturday continues into Sunday, then I will definitely be postponing until later in May when we can at least have a meal inside a pub/cafe.

Hope everyone is keeping well and busy.

If you would like to join in with WOYWW (What is On Your Workdesk Wednesday), click HERE.

Ali x

ps  This is a picture I took on a warm/sunny day recently.  My electric bike up on one of the hills a few miles from the farm.  A very nice place to stop and admire the views from the coast round to the mountains.


15 comments:

Christine said...

Gosh! Memories there of the good old Serif days. Didn't realise it was still about, used to use it for our business posters and leaflets.
Have a good week
Christine #18

Helen said...

Hope tou can sort your trip but not sure the weather is going to play nicely! Good luck learning xx Helen #4

Caro said...

I've heard good things about Serif although I have never used it myself. Enjoy your courses. I hope you get to go and see your family as planned. Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#9)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Good luck with the software I know people love it but I just never managed to get on with it and gave up. Hope the weather turns out okay for you as it's lovely here at the moment though still quite cold. Happy creative woyww, Angela x19x

Mary Anne said...

Fingers crossed for good weather if you make the visit! It's been miserable here in Dorset. I have always wanted to do the sticker making thing - I have some slight memory of Craft Artist from days past, but not much LOL! Bet you are having a lot of fun with it. Good luck with our car search. We bought a new one like two weeks before the first lockdown. I think we put less than 100 miles on it since then DOH.
Late start - best laid plans and all that…
Mary Anne (1)

glitterandglue said...

Hi Ali. Well done on getting out the serif. I use Serif page plus for everything! love it. Far more preferable than Word. John always used Craft artist as his health was failing and he couldn't do the original artwork any more. He always found it great.
Hope you get to Warrington. Of course you can divert - just let me know if you plan to... and I can get the kettle on for a panad
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #2

Sarah Brennan said...

Hope the weather is good for your visit with family Ali and that there was minimal damage after Monday's gale. Have fun relearning how to use Craft Artist. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

My name is Cindy said...

Oh I love my Craft Artist!! I don't use it any depth but I use it for nearly every project. If it ever crashes and dies completely I will cry. I bought my current car online and it was driven down from Liverpool. I think we got a better price because it wasn't in London. We did go through Ford, but I was very happy with the whole thing. Just sad I couldn't find another yellow Fiesta anywhere - had to make do with a cherry red one!! Have a good week, stay safe, stay well, love n hugs Cindy #14

Shoshi said...

I used to have Serif CraftArtist installed on my computer and dabbled with digital scrapbooking for a while but decided it wasn't really for me. I did a few nice pieces though which I've still got hanging around in my photo archive somewhere! I still use Serif PhotoPlus (which I prefer to their later Affinity Photo) and PagePlus, their desktop publisher - both programs get almost daily use.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi x #16

Crafting With Jack said...

Hi Ali, I think I have a copy of that, I don’t think I ever used it, mine is so old it wouldn’t probably work now. Good that you are having fun with it. Hope you can meet up with your stepson and family and have good weather. Angela #23

Lisa-Jane said...

I had all weathers on my drive down to Pembs today! Beautiful when I arrived but it looks like I might not get to see Jan as the weather looks awful for the weekend. I hope if not this weekend, that you get to see your son soon. Late to the party this week - stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #8

Susan Renshaw said...

Trying to catch up on commenting - it is already Friday! The problem is because we are 9 hours in front I can't manage it on Wednesday and then the time just flies!

I used to have Serif Craft Artist 2 but I lost it when I had to get a new computer because my old one crashed! I also lost Movie Maker... It is a pain that I cannot get the latter any more!
Happy WOYWW!
Susan #25

Spyder said...

Well That's a thought! I have quite a few disks and CD ROms and The Serif Artist thingy and others, but this new laptop hasn't anywhere to put them! So I can't play them any more. My old steam driven laptop has. But because it's so old it hasn't had any downloads or up dates from anywhere in years so I'm guessing if I put them in there to play they probably won't, as they will all need updates. Hope you have a great visit wth family, Keep Crafting! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW!?((Lyn))#6

Julia Dunnit said...

It won’t be many more weeks before a ‘proper’ visit and overnight stay is allowed, so I hope it won’t be too disappointing if this weekend doesn’t happen. Have to say that the forecast on Saturday is a bit of a shocker down here. I thought I cognise that lovely giraffe image as a Funstamps design from way back..how do you go on with copyright when you use images like this for sharing and changing? (Generally, I mean, I get that the actual giraffe may not be a copyrighted image by anyone!). Your electric bike looks hugely long from this angle, it’s such a brilliant innovation isn’t it.

roffeycreations said...

Hi Ali - just popping by to have a sneaky look - I am back to WOYWW after a long time out so seeing who's who and what's what LOL!!
Hope to catch up again soon - Cheers Maurs #33 xxx

Post a Comment

I treasure all of your comments, except the spam!

 

Ali Wade Designs Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon