19 May 2021

WOYWW 624 - 12th Anniversary, and celebrating with ATCs

Good morning from a sunny Pembrokeshire - and HAPPY 12th ANNIVERSARY to all.

If anyone would like to join in with this ever-changing group of crafters from around the world, then click HERE.

My photo today shows my crafty table yesterday afternoon, when I started making my ATCs to celebrate the achievement of reaching 12 years of weekly blogs (no, I haven't done them all !).  Of course I have had this in my calendar for several weeks, but it would be unusual if I wasn't starting at the last minute, and still to finish them (my excuse is that they had to dry overnight!).  They will be finished today and hopefully in the post, along with postcards from sunny Solva.














I had been admiring one of the latest Distress Ink colours for a while, and gave into temptation and bought it from Amazon (local craft shop had sold out).  I do love a nice pink.  Otherwise you can see 2 partially finished ATCs, glue (and cotton bud for applying it), some gold texture paste (which was in a set from either Aldi or Lidl, I can't remember which) and 2 die cut shapes, which will be adhered to the ATCs at some point.  I actually don't have much of a plan for finishing the ATCs, but my Colop E-Mark will be used to decorate some ribbon.

I missed last week, as I just ran out of hours in the day.  We have been out and about making a decision about which electric car to purchase for me (now I have craft workshops and other events going in my calendar we realised that a smaller car would be needed again, so I could park it easily and not have to share a car with hubby), plus some lovely walks when the weather has been nice.  My 'new to me' BMW i3 was delivered last week and it is brilliant.  We now have 2 electric cars in the garage, plus another coming soon - so our solar panels are proving to be the best investment ever (and the battery system was very welcome when our area had a power cut).  If anyone wants some advice on moving to an electric vehicle, just get in touch.  I am a total convert.














After so long of crafting by myself or with a Zoom group (which are still fantastic for 'meeting' crafters from outside our area and other countries, and we have at least one digital crafting Zoom at weekends), I have my first 'IRL' (In Real Life) craft workshop on Friday evening (making a wall hanging with air dryed clay - never used it before), and already another one booked in for next Wednesday.  Hopefully the scrapbooking group will be able to meet again soon (just waiting for confirmation that we can use the British Legion, which has a big hall and fantastic facilities for social distancing).  I have got used to the more relaxed schedule of not going anywhere, so the housework is suffering (especially as if the sun shines, then I just want to drive somewhere and enjoy our fabulous scenery).  See photo below of the coastline just outside Solva (an easy flat walk from the Upper Town) when I joined my Walking For Wellness group walk on Monday afternoon.  Again, fantastic to be walking with 'strangers'.














That is enough words and pictures for now.  Happy 12th Anniversary WOYWW to everyone, if I don't manage to visit all the blogs this week.

Ali x

20 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Happy 12th WOYWW!! It’s a beautiful day in BP too, bright and breezy and a good day to celebrate. It’s lovely to hear that you’re getting out and about so much and a proper craft session will be amazing! I can imagine you zipping about in that little car, it’s very cute!
Hugs LLJ 3 xxx

Lynnecrafts said...

Hi Ali, thanks so much for your kind comments earlier. A brief discomfort for the mammogram is worth it for the check but I always wondered why is couldn’t just be cup-shaped!
Your ATCs look beautiful.
I love your little car. It’s so good that you’re having IRL crafting sessions now.
Take care and happy WOYWW anniversary
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 3

Mary Anne said...

Oh gold texture paste! That sounds fun. Also the getting out for a real crafting session - I long for the day I can do that too. Soon, soon. Your car looks sweet and the perfect runaround - bonus it is electric too. Well done.

Happy 12th Anniversary to all my desk-hopping mates!
Mary Anne (7)

Annie said...

I've had a really manic morning with sewing so am late in the day joining in the celebrations. Thanks so much for your love and friendship for all these years my friend.
Hugs,
Annie x # 19

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It was good to see your desk and of course, your gorgeous and incredible countryside. I love the look of your ATCs, too. So glad you are now able to take workshops. Happy 12th Anniversary from # 10.

Lisa-Jane said...

Lovely car! We're busy investigating an electric car here too now that they are starting to come down in price. We were put off by having to replace the battery after 5 years (or something like that) which negated the petrol savings as it wasn't cheap. It seems like things are really moving well in that regard now though. Gorgeous pic of near Solva. Last week when I was in Newport I called DH to tell him I was staying as I didn't want to leave! Thanks for the dizzy-info it could well be the fybro and I hadn't considered that at all. It really is odd as I can move my head around fine etc (had labyrinthitis before and that really SUCKS!) It looks like BP dropping but it's not, other funny stuff going on too, been checked for all the normal culprits so now waiting on an ultra-sound... what fun... Anyway, happy anniversary! Lisa-Jane, #2

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I'm trying my best to get round everyone today but it's the dog's dinner time and I'm being attacked Lol! so it's got to be a quick visit or they may try to eat me! Have a lovely creative WOYWW Anniversary. Hugs, Angela x25x

Caro said...

What a beautiful sunny picture that is. We had sun this morning and now have bright sun, but typically when I went out for a run I got rained on! I've not come across the Colop E-mark so will look it up. Happy 12th WOYWW Anniversary. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#15)

Helen said...

Evening, Ali - just finished dinner and it's time to round off the desks! Sounds like you've had a busy time - well done on sorting the car. Happy WOYWW Helen #11

glitterandglue said...

Hi Ali. Happy anniversary. Posh car there! Enjoy getting to real craft meet-ups - sounds like fun. Lovely photo of your local coastline - I do like Pembrokeshire...
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #24

Neet said...

How lucky you are with the Electric car - just wish we could afford to change ours and get one.
Funny you talking about air dry clay today - I was looking for a suitable photo to send to my Pif (in lieu of a postcard) and going through my early blogging when I came across the first air dry clay class I ever ran. Oh what fun we had - the photos proved it. Of course things have moved on since then but the lady who had the shop I worked for still wears the air dry beads I made into a necklace for her. Enjoy your class and Happy 12th to you.
Hugs, Neet 1 xx

Diana Taylor said...

What a beautiful view, and how lovely to be out with your walking group again and also getting to real life craft groups - it's all been a long time coming. The car is fabulous, and electric is definitely the way to go - we shall certainly consider one when it's time to replace our current one.
Happy 12th anniversary,
Diana xx #18

Sarah Brennan said...

Enjoy the new car and the IRL workshops Ali. Your ATCs in progress look very cool. Stay safe and happy 12th anniversary WOYWW. Sarah #9

Susan Renshaw said...

Happy Anniversary!
You are my PIF Ali so if you would send me your address (email on my blog) I will put your ATC in the post!
Lovely scenery. I used to live in Haverfordwest!
Happy WOYWW!
Susan #31

roffeycreations said...

Hi Ali - lovely to see whats going on in your neck of the woods - I just got kitsch flamingo the other week - not used yet - and 2 salvaged patina (Doh!) this week - I will find someone to give the spare to LOL - Stay safe & well - see you next WOYWW - Cheers Maureen #26

Shoshi said...

Great ATCs, Ali, and what a stylish new car! Have fun with it. The new Distress colours do look lovely but I think I've probably got enough now!

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #29

Spyder said...

Hi Ali, Happy WOYWW Anniversay! Thank you for your visit! sorry I'm late, but i did start off early as I was up when Julia posted, Hubby was looking at Electric cars the other day...not in a showroom of course....in Tesco's car park! Have a great week! Stay safe! ((Lyn))#5

Heather M said...

Hi Ali, sorry for the late visit. Happy 12th anniversary. Lucky you going to a real life craft workshop, and what a lovely car to go in! I only bought my car 2 years ago, so will keep it for few more years yet, but I will replace it with an electric one. I'll have to look up and see if there are any walking for wellness groups around here - I'm going stir crazy with the amount of time spent at home! Have a lovely week, Heather xx #20

Julia Dunnit said...

Real workshops, how marvellous! And as you say, walking with ‘strangers’ too, all good for every aspect of health, huh. And diary notes means there’s something to look forward to which is very helpful after such a long year on our own! We’ve just collected our new car too, it’s a hybrid. Not yet fully convinced about all electric. Glad you’re pleased with yours.

Morti said...

I'm trying really hard not to look at the new Distress Ink colours but can feel my resolve crumbling now that I'm getting back into papercrafting. I've emailed you with my address details... :)

Happy WOYWW
Morti x

Post a Comment

I treasure all of your comments, except the spam!

 

Ali Wade Designs Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon