14 April 2021

WOYWW 619 - Can you tell what it is yet?

Morning - from a sunny Pembrokeshire.  I was going to show you all sorts of things in my craft room, but I continue to be affected by the past week (more about that below) and just have no ‘get up and go’.  Instead I share a photo of my latest diamond painting project, which I started with enthusiasm last week and haven’t touched since!  It is a Disney Rapunzel design for my eldest granddaughter, who will have a new bedroom to decorate when our house purchase finally completes.











Really pretty colours - and I promise to get more done today!

After struggling with a flare of Fibromyalgia and Psoriasis symptoms last week, including a couple of days of severe dizziness (where I was struggling to move around the house), we then went out on Saturday for hubby to have his first COVID vaccine.  My appointment was for this Thursday, but I asked him to check whether they could fit me in too.  They did, and I was so impressed with the organisation and how lovely all the staff and volunteers are (been far too long being isolated on the farm).  My arm was painful almost immediately, but I had expected that (I have reacted negatively to the flu jab in the past).  However, within a few hours I was in a lot of pain all over, headache, flu symptoms and nausea.  This only got worse into Sunday, and I only started to improve on Monday morning.  Thankfully back to my normal yesterday, except no enthusiasm for anything and very poor concentration.  I have been taking it easy.  

I am in a COVID symptoms study, and they had asked me to do another test.  We posted that yesterday afternoon, and got a negative result early this morning,  Very impressed with the speed.  It shows how Fibromyalgia symptoms can be confused with so many different illnesses and conditions.

Therefore, my week has been a lot of watching tv, pottering about the house doing only the bare minimum and shopping online for various birthdays this month.

At least the sun is shining most days!  Hope everyone is well and happy.

Ali x 

Ps.  For anyone interested in learning more about the Colop EMark I featured in my blog post last week, there is a show starting on Create & Craft right now (9.45 am, Wednesday)

10 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Your GD is going to love that diamond art! You’ll get back to it when you feel better. I’m sorry you had a reaction like that, it seems that people either react like you or have no symptoms at all, very strange. You’re doing the best thing by resting, at least the weather’s warming up so you can sit outside soon!
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

Lisa-Jane said...

Sending you gentle hugs. I think the tendonitis pain I have is part of my fybro but as you say, it's not black and white at all is it. Both hands / wrists are sore now. Which jab did you have? I've heard a lot of chat about reactions increasing as they go down the ages and the Pfizer causing more of a reaction in the 2nd jab but AZ more in the first. Quite a few friends have been bed bound for a day or so after them. I hope you feel up to carrying on with Rapunzel really soon. From one pain warrior to another, Stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #8

Caro said...

That diamond art is amazing and the colours are stunning. Be gentle with yourself, the jab is causing all sorts of symptoms for different people and with your fibro you may be more susceptible. Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro x (#15)

Helen said...

Glad you recovered from the COVID symptoms. Hope you get to do some more of your diamond painting soon. Helen #2

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

You just take it easy for a while, pleased you've had your vaccine though. I'm late today as we've been sorting mum's second vaccination and hearing test so at least we've got that done. Have a very happy and creative woyww. Hugs, Angela x17x

My name is Cindy said...

Sorry to hear you have had a tough week - just be good to yourself, take it easy and rest and I do hope you feel better soon. The fybro sounds horrible to live with - sending gentle hugs! Have a good week, stay safe, stay well, love n hugs Cindyxx #12

Mary Anne said...

Sorry to hear of you bad reaction to the shot. Although take comfort in the fact that most experts seem to say a bad reaction means it's working to build your immunity.Small comfort when you feel like crap but maybe SOME comfort. Your diamond painting is going to be fab - bet she will love it!
Socially distanced knitting in the garden yesterday so TODAY is WOYWW for me!
Mary Anne (3)

Crafting With Jack said...

Sorry to hear you have not feeling so good. Fibromyalgia symptoms can be similar to a lot of other things. When I last saw the consultant, she was very dismissive when I talked about Fibromyalgia / ME. In a very snooty tone she said “Let me tell you we tend to call it that when we can’t find any other causes”😳. Needless to say I haven’t been back since. Wishing you well and hope you are having some sunshine #9

Julia Dunnit said...

Aw Ali, shame about the reaction. My experience so far an of course, not scientific, has been that people only react to one of the two, so hopefully, the second top up jab won’t cause you to have such a severe response. Everything in good time, the one wonderful thing about our hobbies is that you can pick up and put down at will, they will wait patiently and without complaint!

Susan Renshaw said...

My husband had his first covid jab a week ago at 7.45 am. He felt fine until about 12 hours later. His arm was really painful - he couldn't lie on it in bed that night. And he had a couplecof days feeling very under the weather with flu like symptoms. Fortunately it all wore off...
Hope you are OK now.
Happy WOYWW!
Susan #26

Post a Comment

I treasure all of your comments, except the spam!

 

Ali Wade Designs Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon