10 March 2021

WOYWW 614 - adding to my Crafters Companion 'A Year of Craft'

Morning, everyone - from a windy and wet Pembrokeshire.  Hope everyone is happy and that March is being kind to you so far.

I have some new additions to my craft room in the past week.   There has been some crafty projects finished (Thank You cards and ATCs).  Check out my Instagram for photos of those (@aliwadedesigns).  I also show my progress in my latest Diamond Painting project over there.

I bought a bag of random wood shapes from Etsy to do some different pyrography projects.  I also saw one of the latest Facebook Lives by Craft Buddy with their latest stamp sets for  crystal art (aka diamond painting), and couldn't resist the set with the daffodils (my favourite flowers).  I bought the main set of drawers for the Crafters Companion 'A Year of Craft' at the beginning of the year, and they promised further additions.  I happened to turn on Create & Craft last week, and there it was - another layer, and perfect to create my Mothers Day and Easter cards.

Lets get straight to the photos.










I am going to create the teapot-shaped card for my Mum today - and will do a separate blog post.

Edited to add - here is the finished card.





Definitely going to be keeping indoors for today and tomorrow, until this storm has passed.

Ali x

17 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Very cool box. It is super annoying to get a mag, want to begin a project, then find out you are missing some crucial supply. Bet your mom will love the card!

Have a great desk hop!
Mary Anne (2)

Julia Dunnit said...

It is stormy isn’t it, such a change from the last few days. Still, it’s lighter longer, things are flowering and I’m enjoying the sun when it breaks through! Great idea to have a monthly drawer full of inspirational goodies, and if nothing else, a great way to keep you motivated, there’s nothing like new stuff! Stay safe and warm!

Lunch Lady Jan said...

It’s horrible here too and unfortunately I have to go to Carmarthen in 30 mins to pick up some new glasses! Love the new crafting stash, best thing to stay in and have a lovely play with it all!
Hugs LLJ 9 xxx

De serendipity said...

Looks like a wonderful collection of goodies to get you started on a project. Hope you have a great week.
Sandra de @20

Lisa-Jane said...

Oooh that looks inviting! Such a great idea for keeping everything together too - ideal to take on hols a drawer at a time. I hope the storm passes without incident - West Wales does seem to have had more than it's fair share this year already! As always, stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #8

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

That's a great way of keeping everything you need together. I'm not watching any craft TV atm I have way too much that needs to be shown some love and a list of new releases that i'm saving hard for..
It's never ending isn't it. Wet and very windy here and I have to go out in it soon... Booo!! Stay warm & safe Tracey #15 x

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Love those drawers - always handy! Happy cardmaking! zsuzsa #24

Sarah Brennan said...

That is a cool box Ali and the new additional supplies look interesting too. Hope you managed to finish the teapot shaped card. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Helen said...

those little drawer sets are so pretty and very useful Have a good week Helen #3

Felicia said...

Cute, cute drawer stack and so sweet to keep all those handy projects in!! And what a cool idea that it comes with all the goodies to do those projects! Love it! Blessings for the rest of your week! Felicia #31

Crafts in the Command Center said...

Nice box for organizing your supplies needed for a specific project. I love the color too. Have a great week. Dorlene #34

Susan Renshaw said...

I just wrote a message but the internet dropped out! Anyway what a super box to keep all those goodies in. Great that you have all that is required. I spend my time substituting!!
Stay safe and keep well.
Happy WOYWW!
Susan #6

Crafting With Jack said...

That’s a lovely storage set. I have tried the Crafters Companion boxes, I bought 5 two Christmas’s ago. Two for me and three for birthday/Christmas gifts. They had gone down to £9 so they were a bargain. I don’t think I have ordered anything from them since. I think if I were just starting out they would be perfect. Have. Great week. Angela #21

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Ali, I'm late this week as I had to sort some stuff out yesterday ready for my mum coming home. Loving the box of goodies and I'm sure it will get lots of use. Happy creative, belated WOYWW, Angela x19x

Shoshi said...

I love the pretty chest of drawers with all the lovely goodies inside, Ali! It must be like Christmas opening all of them up. Have fun with the pyrography on the wooden shapes.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #12

Neet said...

What a lovely set of drawers, that would be great to take on a holiday with you and fill up with what you wanted - when the current stash is gone of course. In the meantime it looks good sat in the craft room as it is.
Hugs, Neet x

Caro said...

That set of drawers is wonderful! Happy belated WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#18)

Post a Comment

I treasure all of your comments, except the spam!

 

Ali Wade Designs Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon