24 February 2021

WOYWW 612 - something strange is happening on my crafty table!

Good morning to you all from a misty and damp Pembrokeshire.  More high winds and rain forecast for later, but then the return of high pressure and some settled weather for the weekend.

However, I am not here to give you a weather forecast, but to share my crafty workspace - along with many other crafters from around the world.  Join in HERE.

I have actually been crafting!  New stash from my recent 50th birthday and a realisation that I can't spend all my time earning money has made me put aside time most days for some creativity.  (Apologies in advance to Julia - there will be more photos than normal, as I catch up from my recent absence.)


Firstly, needle felting.  I have done a fair bit of stabbing wool with needles in the past, and then saw the first 'Craft For Cats' mentioned on Facebook.  This Saturday we will have a 'Felt-a-Long' creating cats - and half of the money goes to The Cats Protection.  This is the kit from the fabulous The Makerss - enough to create 2 cats.  I am going to do Milky (our white cat) and then attempt a tabby (in memory of Tiger, one of the farm cats).  If anyone wants to join in, then be quick, as I know that they will post a kit out today.  The workshop will be recorded anyway.


This is my crafty table this morning.  My pyrography kit is open (left the tool to cool down yesterday), which was a birthday present from my elder sister.  There is a pack of carbon paper, which I ordered from Amazon so I can transfer printed designs onto wood.  I have created one thank you card so far - from my stash of diamond painting greeting cards.  Also my small collection of card sentiments created with the WeRMemoryKeepers spray pen set, that I treated myself to when I saw it demonstrated on Create & Craft recently.


The first card I have created using a combination of the spray pen and my very first attempt at pyrography, which I am very proud of !  My stepson and his girlfriend got engaged at the weekend.  I cut up a piece of double-sided card from my scrapbooking stash, which you will understand was quite difficult.  This is the sort of card that sits in a drawer and gets stroked occasionally!  The wood texture is very realistic.  








The above photos show the spray pen set (which came with extra pens and stencils) and some of my first playing session.  It is as fun as I thought it would be and will be much used.

I have plenty of crafting planned for the coming week - a Disney diamond painting ATC, more pyrography, scrapbooking and the needle felting.  Follow me on Instagram (@aliwadedesigns) for almost daily updates.

Ali x

15 comments:

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Those mini cats will look so cute! Happy birthday, Ali - mine's coming up so I'd better start treating myself too! Good excuse to buy more stash! xx zsuzsa #27 (right behind you, you can't miss it!)

glitterandglue said...

Morning Ali. Goodness, you have been busy - so many new things you have tried out. Well done. hope you enjoyed it all.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #9

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Wow, you have a proper Craft burst on at the moment! All fun things to do especially the needle felting, hope you enjoy the course and have fun (good cause too!). Congrats to the newly engaged, that’s a nice to bit of news and roll on the lovely weather that’s supposed to take over from tomorrow, we deserve it!
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

Sarah Brennan said...

Wow Ali, so many different and beautiful projects going on. COngratulations to your stepson and his new fiancee. Love the look of those cats and all in aid of a good cause too. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #11

Lisa-Jane said...

That IS delicious paper - I have a thing for woodgrains myself too. It goes with anything doesn't it?! What a lovely lot of new things you had for your birthday and congrats to the newly engaged couple. Stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #14

Lynn Holland said...

Gosh you’ve been busy Ali.
The cat project is a good one. Well done missus.
Take care
Lynn xx 22

BJ said...

Yes you are definitely right, we need time to ourselves to unwind and create, lovely that you are putting your presents to good use, super spray pen and pyrography.
Happy WOYWW and thanks for the visit BJ#1

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I love needle felting though not done any for a while and must get back to it again. Can't wait to see the results. Your desk tells me that you are going to be busy with these fun projects I think. Have a lovely week and happy woyww, Angela x19x

Helen said...

well you have been having fun with your goodies! Take care and happy crafting! Helen #10

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Happy belated birthday Ali, looks like you had some lovely crafty gifts. I've stabbed my fingers many times attempting needle felting, what a nice thing to share the profits of the workshop with the cat's protection. Have fun creating, it's important we all take time away to just play. Happy WoywW Tracey #4

Mary Anne said...

What a sweet card and Oh those pens remind me of the old kid's craft Blo-pens! I still have some, sadly mostly dried out. But I saved the little BLO sleeve so when I have a pen that fits I can give it a go. Happy late birthday, but then LATE is me all over this week :)

Oh no! I'm late for WOYWW!
Mary Anne (2)

Crafting With Jack said...

My! you have a variety of crafts there. I bought a lot of stuff for needle felting, but never even got started, which is bit of a waste, but maybe one day. Angela #31

Susan Renshaw said...

Your cat project sounds interesting. I have a felting project all ready to go when I have a minute!
It looks as though your other crafts will keep you busy!!
Happy WOYWW! Susan #8

Shoshi said...

The needle felted little cats are gorgeous. I'm not sure how the pen you mentions works, but I love your stencilled letters and hearts.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #15

Julia Dunnit said...

Well done for cutting up a piece of DP! It gets easier, and hey, if you don’t use it, you won’t have space to store the next stuff you want to buy! a well done with the pyrography, thats a nice handy sized tool. We have a rather industrial looking one that I’ve played with but am not good at...the length of the wand makes it difficult. We use it occasionally when people ask us to date or mark furniture etc. You’re planning a busy weekend! I by comparison, have zoom chat with some card maker friends and a scrapbook LO planned. Other activities will include gardening if this good weather turns up!

Post a Comment

I treasure all of your comments, except the spam!

 

Ali Wade Designs Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon