07 July 2021

WOYWW 631 - Still Living With Piles!

Happy Wednesday from a damp Pembrokeshire.  The fields and garden needed some rain, but it is chilly too - and me and Milky the Cat definitely want some warm sunshine (she is 14, had metal put in her hip after a road accident 11 years ago, and the cold/damp makes her sore like me).

Other lovely crafters will be sharing their crafty workspaces today.  (If you would like to join in, click HERE.)  I cannot do that, as my craft room is still in a state of transition (from old brown bedroom furniture to nice shiny new Ikea Kallax storage).  The 2 old wardrobes (were my hubby's as a child - he is 54) are still in the room, but they have moved to the other wall by the door (they are too heavy for 2 people to carry them downstairs, so they are waiting to be dismantled).




We started putting together the Kallax units yesterday afternoon.  The smaller one (2 x 4 cubes) is done - and looks great.  Hopefully hubby can help with the other one (4 x 4 cubes) later today.  However, he is off into town this morning for a hair cut, followed by helping with the continued clearing of the rental house (more wallpaper stripping and carpet removal), so I might have to wait another day (I am so impatient - I just want to start filling up the cubes!).




In other crafty news - I went to a craft workshop on Sunday afternoon.  We made 3 cards - none of which I have photos of.  I will write a separate blog post eventually.  There were also some boxes of stash for us to shop from (a local crafter was having a destash).  I rummaged through the boxes of treasure and found some stamps, Distress Ink pads, Distress Stickles and an embossing folder.  No photos of our crafting, but I couldn't resist the gorgeous colours on the shop shelves (yes, we do the workshops actually in the craft shop, which could be very dangerous, but I am strong!).  If you are ever in Haverfordwest, then go and see Ben at the shop in Bridge Street (or shop on their website - they often beat the TV prices - click HERE).





On Saturday I went to a Craft Sale (in aid of Macmillans).  Sadly, one of our local crafty ladies died recently and very kindly the contents of her craft room were donated to be sold.  A large hall at the British Legion had to be used, as there was so much stash.  She had every Tattered Lace magazine and all of the dies, plus most of the Hunkydory products, Kanban and a lot more.  A lot was unused.  I went looking for embosssing folders and inkpads, which I did get - but also some stamps, a couple of Tattered Lace magazines (because I loved the dies that came with them), embossed cardstock and some goodies from the £1 table.  It is a shame that we couldn't all have been there, as you would have loved it!  I forgot to take any photos to show how much stash was in the hall.  If anyone is in Pembrokeshire soon, there was still a lot left to sell and that is in the craft shop at Milford Haven Marina - InHouse Crafts.

I will take photos of my new stash and show them off next week.

I have been doing more housework than usual this week so far, and definitely needing a rest - so this morning I will be assembling the plastic boxes that will be in the Kallax cubes.  Done one (which took longer than it should have done) and I am sure the next 11 will be easier!  I also have 6 denim boxes arriving on Friday, which will go on the bottom row.




Progress photos on my Instagram - @aliwadedesigns

Ali x

18 comments:

Helen said...

those wardrobes do look big and heavy! good luck with the rest of your cubes - then comes the re-filling! well done on some crafty shopping for good causes too. Happy WOYWW Helen #8

Neet said...

I am excited for you to have the new storage finished and up and running. Such a shame that everyday living gets in the way of these things.
Sounds as if you have had lots of bargains on sale around you one way and another - all more stuff to fill up those boxes.
Hugs, neet 11 xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Sorry to read about the passing of one of your local craft ladies, Macmillan's a fabulous charity to raise money for. I love to think of crafty stash being passed on to others, the creativity lives on.
You'll have fun and hopefully not much frustration assembling your new storage, it will look so clean and fresh when everything is in place.
Happy WoywW Tracey #9 x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Woohoo for new storage, it’s going to be so lovely and organised when finished! I saw your post about the lady’s stash being sold for charity, I hope that a good sum was raised, it’s the perfect thing to do with it. Hope the rental property is taking shape, you have a lot on at the moment!
Hugs LLJ 1 xxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It was sad to learn about a craft lady passing. It just goes to prove we need to use our products we paid good money for. Glad you found some bargains both places. Your cubes look like they are ready to be filled, but hubby's haircut trumps your cube assemblies, I fear (grin). Happy WOYWW from #2.

Crafting With Jack said...

Did you mean piles as in “piles of stuff” or did you mean piles as in “sore bottom”? I remember grandmother telling me I would get piles from sitting on the kitchen step! I am making the craft store you mentioned my next stop - or should I finished saying hello to the Wednesday group first? Good luck with all you assembling x Happy WOYWW Angela #3

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Do you think men tend to find other stuff to do when we need them Lol! I am so pleased that the craft club I go to is not in a shop or I would come home with even more stash though there is nearly always somebody with stash to clear and I do have a look just in case there is something I can't resist. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x18x

Lynnecrafts said...

That new storage looks nice! Hope you get sorted soon. Sorry your crafty friend died but it’s good her stuff is being sold for charity. Hope we all get some nicer weather soon
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 11

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

I can see the danger in having the workshop in an actual craft store! Poor lady that died with most of her craft stash unused - that should be a warning to us all! But you're right, despite the sad occasion, I would have liked to rummage through that stuff, especially if it is for charity. Enjoy your Kallax! I'm sure it will be very practical with everything at hand! xx zsuzsa #22

Empire of the Cat said...

Those wardrobes do have lovely wood, but I bet they are heavy! Exciting building the kallax and the boxes. I have the fabric Drona boxes in mine. Happy WOYWW! Elle #24, EOTC

Annie said...

I had a busy morning shortening 3 hems on a bridesmaid’s dress and then steaming it And since lunch I’ve been for my annual diabetic eye test (although it’s 18 months since my last thanks to Covid!) so I’m just catching up with a few blogs before the football starts.
I really love your new storage...I wouldn’t be without mine...and can feel your excitement at wanting to get them filled.
Hugs,
Annie x #13

Sarah Brennan said...

That new storage looks very sleek Ali - hope you get the rest of it together soon so you can fill up the shelves. Sounds like some crafty bargains have been had too and in a good cause too. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #6

Shoshi said...

Wow, Ali, what a lot of reorganising going on! The title of your post made me laugh - although I don't know why piles always make people laugh because they are actually no laughing matter! Tidying and reorganising seems to be all the rage at the moment on WOYWW with a lot of us doing it. How lovely that you were able to go to a craft workshop, and that awesome sale of stash too. I'm looking forward to seeing some photos of your makes and stash, and I love the new cube units you've got for storage.

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi x #19

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Oh those big wardrobes !!! I went thru 3 big items to be moved up/downstairs a while back thanks to 2 big young men I hired. Waited 2 years for that job ! And it's helped a lot for storage both up and down. You've been busy and fun things too. Have fun it will all come together eventually. AND you'll love it. Thanks for the visit. Enjoy a great weekend.

Mary Anne said...

Love the progress - whatever did we do before Kallax? They hold so much. And you got some bargains, I'm sure, and the lady who donated them will be happy to see the goodies used as she smiles down from above. Enjoy.

So very late this week!
Mary Anne (5)

Caro said...

I love Kallax - it is so practical. If I'm not mistaken one company used to do useful crafting units which fitted perfectly inside Kallax for ink pads and similar, but I may have misremembered that! Sorry I'm so late this week - it's chaos here as usual! Happy belated WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#15)

Susan Renshaw said...

I am afraid I am very late this week but hope to get around everyone...

Those IKEA boxes are going to be great!

I don't remember a craft shop in Haverfordwest when I lived there or at Milford Haven - but it was 40 years ago... All those goodies you found sound really useful - I just found some in the charity shops this week!

Happy WOYWW!
Susan #20
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

My name is Cindy said...

Happy Belated WOYWW!! Can't wait to see you all organised!! Also stopping by to say I have a puzzle with instructions to pass on to you (it's the gardening one - sorry we've had it a while!!) Could you message me with your address? Cindy #23

Post a Comment

I treasure all of your comments, except the spam!

 

Ali Wade Designs Published @ 2014 by Ipietoon